onsdag, april 08, 2009
DotMe: File organizers
As a sub-project to DotMe, I tried to find applications that'll help me organize files
Research:
The article smarter ways to work with pdfs sparked me to give it a go, I found some candidates:
Next: Together.
Scrivener.
Yep (iTunes for pdfs).
Yojimbo with Webjimbo.
Journler.
Not for me: DEVONThink.
For later: jabref (bibliography reference manager).
Tried:
The article 8 Web Information Collectors Reviewed helped me prioritize.
I downloaded and tried EagleFiler (1.2.7). After importing some files I found that this was not for me - the application shows every file added in the library browser, even files in subfolders are listed.
Abonner på:
Legg inn kommentarer (Atom)
Etiketter
Om meg
- Tommy
- Introvert, nerd, pragmatic and restless. Paraglider pilot since 1998, doing long distance flights, competitions and aerobatics. Grounded with children since 2008. Sivilingeniør (~MSc degree) in Cybernetics Engineering since 1994. I have programmed since 1986, professionally since 1995. I am more of a generalist than a specialist, having done many computer languages and having had to fill most roles in application development. I consider myself a pragmatic craftsman.
Ingen kommentarer:
Legg inn en kommentar